Serves 12. Can be made into smaller cupcake versions.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (Fan oven).
- Stir together 250g of self raising flour, 400g of caster sugar and 2 tsp of ground cinnamon in a large bowl. (For a healthier alternative 200g of sugar works just as well). Continue reading “Carrot and Walnut Cake”
Makes 15-20 profiteroles. Original recipe from the Good Housekeeping book.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (Fan oven). Mark 7 or 220ºC.
- Place a medium saucepan on a low heat and melt 50g of butter with 150ml of water. Once the butter has melted (it will look like yellow water) bring the mixture to a rapid boil- it will look like a white froth appearing from one side of the saucepan to the other. Take off the heat.
- Add 65g of sifted plain flour straight into the saucepan, along with a pinch of salt. Immediately stir like a crazy person (as fast as you can!) using a wooden spoon. Eventually the mixture will form a ball and come away from the side. Tip the ball of mixture into a bowl and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Continue reading “Easy Chocolate Profiteroles”